Background

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day Cont.

So, where was I? Ah, yes Junior year memories.

I was telling Andrew earlier how I was reminiscing about the snowstorm and he reminded me that we either drove or walked uptown during that storm to have breakfast uptown and it was like deserted. That whole weekend was amazing - we didn't have to worry about missing work or shoveling driveways. We didn't have to worry about having enough diapers in the house or letting the dog out in the cold. We could literally just curl up under blankets for HOURS without moving and no one would care. *sigh*

That year, we decided to go to Destin for spring break. Other friends were going any place there would be a good party but a group of us really just wanted to relax over break and not worry about having to party 24/7. Plus, Sarath needed to study for the M-Cat. So we rented a cool little condo in Destin and 8 of us spent a week on the beach. It was Me and Andrew, our friends Sarath and Betsy, Betsy's sister and her boyfriend, Chris, and our friend Samantha. We got up way early in the morning, packed up two cars full of our stuff and drove the 12+ hours to Destin. This is one of the first times I remember really feeling like an "adult". This was really the first vacation I had ever taken without my parents and it was up to us to figure out directions to the condo, to get around Destin and, the most frustrating part - pay ing for own dinners out LOL The trip ended up being positive and negative - some friendships never returned to normal after but it was Andrew and I's first vacation together and for that reason alone, it holds a special place in my heart :)

Junior year ended and we both moved home for the summer. Andrew was working for Marysville Parks Department and spent the summer mowing lawns, mulching and getting extremely tan and buff. Hmmmmmm yum. I spent the summer working orientation, then nannying, and finally taking on an internship at the Cincinnati Business Courier. Let me share with you one of the scariest moments during the summer.

It was sometime in June and I had been trying to get ahold of Andrew all evening. He finally called me only to tell me that he had been taken to the hospital! He had been up late the night before playing video games (of course!) and was exhausted during work that day. He had plans to meet up with his parents for dinner that night but was so tired that he decided to stop by the gas station and get a couple caffeine pills during the afternoon. He headed home from work, took a shower, and started to drive to meet his parents. He hadn't been feeling real well since taking the pills - his heart was racing and he was feeling neausous, dizzy and just overall, awful. He ended up having to pull over during his drive and call 911 because he felt like he was going to die. They took him to the hospital and told him that he his heart was racing so fast and if it had gone any further, he would have had heart damage! I was so worried about him and he was almost 3 hours away! A couple days later, I was home and again, try to get ahold of Andrew. I had called his cell phone about a million times and even called his house a million times with no answer. His parents had gone out of town and I immediately had these horrible images of him laying on the floor mid heart-attack with no one there to help him. So, I, like an loving significant other would do, called the cops. LOL Yes, I called the cops and asked that they drive over to my boyfriends house because his parents were out of town and he had been hospitalized a couple days before and I was trying to get ahold of him and was worried. And you know what, like any good small-town police department - they went to the house! Andrew was there and in good health, but completely caught off guard and the police showed up! Everything was fine but Andrew made me feel so bad for calling the cops! He didn't understand how worried I was! I guess he had been at a friends playing video games and his phone was on silent which is why he didn't get my calls. I tried to explain over and over again that I did it because I was worried about his health but he still didn't seem to get it. We ended up getting a big fight that night and both went to bed angry. The next night, he showed up at my house dressed in a suit, carrying 2 dozen roses as an apology for getting so upset. He finally realized that I had only done it because I had been so worried and that he was wrong for getting mad. I like it when he admits he's wrong :)

My husband would now like me to make him carbonaro so to be continued...

Love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment