Background

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Feeling Guilty

Ah yes, the G word. How you rule my life you bastard. Today I am feeling guilty because I think poor Owen spends too much time at daycare and that they are raising him, not me and Andrew. Literally, he spends at least 9 hours per day at day care 5 days a week so thats 45 hours per week. Take away the time he spends sleeping and we have about 1.5 hours with him in the evening (1.5*5=7.5 hours) plus our weekend time (12 hours per day about *2 = 24 hours) 24 + 7.5= 31.5 hours. Thats 13.5 hours less than daycare!!!

So when he does stuff like use manners or pee in the potty, I can't help but think "daycare taught him that, not me" and it makes me kinda sad. There are days where I love that he's in daycare - interacting with other kids, learning spanish and japanese, doing art projects, etc. Things that he wouldn't get if he was home all day with me. But still, my kid is awesome because of the awesome daycare he goes to, not me....and that makes me sad and feel incredibly guilty.

Love,
E

1 comment:

  1. Erin, your kid is awesome because of you and Andrew. Daycare does not create his personality or his love for everyone. You guys have created that. It is because of you and Andrew that he's so funny and loving. So what if day care teaches him Spanish and Japanese or how to wash his hands. It is the two of you that makes him who he is. I can understand how you feel guilty about it, but hopefully the house will sell soon and arrangements can be made so you are home with him more... even if its just 30 minutes. You're a wonderful mom to that little boy :)

    ReplyDelete