Background

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Oh my....what am I thinking??

OMG - what am I thinking?? What makes me think I have what it takes to be a Stay at Home mom?? What makes me think that this is a good idea??

I have the patience of well.....a pregnant, hormonal woman, and have a 2 1/2 year old who likes to test that patience every chance he can! Right now, he is throwing his slinkly across the family room over his dad's head and proceeding to climb on/over/through said dad (who mind you, is trying to watch The Masters) to get the slinky. He is doing all this with no pants on (well, underwear only) because he just went potty and absolutely refuses to put bottoms on. Opps, dad just got hit in the head with the slinky and the O-man now wants to play horsey.

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WHEN ITS JUST ME AND HIM ALL DAY LONG AND HE WANTS TO CLIMB ALL OVER ME???

The Daddy-Guy is my salvation on the weekends. He is the discipliner - the "mean-cop", the potty attendant. Do I have what it takes to take those roles on when I stay home....??

I need to start practicing my best "Wait til your father gets home!!"

Love,
E

2 comments:

  1. Erin, you'll do great as a stay at home mom! and if you ever need someone to wrestle with O, well, I'll be around this summer :)

    This post cracked me up. but seriously, you'll be fine :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nannied all through my pregnancy. While it was exhausting, I DID IT! You will too, just get Owen really excited about the baby and talk about your tummy and how important that he is carefully with mommy and give lots of kisses to baby...etc. That way he understands why he can't climb all over mommy and he feels like its "his baby" too :) You will be wonderful Erin! Enjoy it and eat chocolate! I want a chocolate party so bad (btw ;))

    ReplyDelete