Background

Thursday, April 1, 2010

I did it!

So I did it - I quit my job yesterday. Between the pregnancy and my raging anxiety, I had to. I just couldn't give 100% anymore. And right now, my company needs 120% from the person in this role. There is a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it.

My boss was supportive - said she understood and thought the move was "courageous." My teammates were happy for me but upset. Everyone of course wants to know why I'm leaving and where I am going. It's so nice to say "I'm going home." I can't wait to stay at home with my little guy for awhile. He and I can enjoy the summer together and who knows, maybe eventually I'll get fed up with staying home and try something new. That's the beauty of this situation right now - I have OPTIONS.

I am sooooo thankful to all of my family and friends who have spent countless hours listening to me vent, cry, scream, etc. You all are the reason I was brave enough to take this leap!

And I am especially grateful to my amazing hubby. Its hard going from two incomes to one and for a man who enjoys his electronics and has big plans for our financial future, I think this decision has him nervous. But we will be fine!

Plus, I've signed up to be a Dove Chocolate Discoveries Chocolatier. Not sure what that is?? Stay tuned....I am sure I will be writing a lot about this venture on my blog.

I'm also going to start working on my mad candy-making/baking skills. Everyone knows my ultimate goal is to one day own my own bakery so be prepared for lots of pictures of all of my creations and the ups and downs of running my own business!

Love,
E

3 comments:

  1. You'll have to tell me all about the "chocolate job" because if it involves chocolate, I'm totally in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm sure it feels amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Regina!! I'll bring you a catalog to our next meeting - I thought of you immediately when I signed up!! Their chocolate is ammmmazing!

    ReplyDelete