Background

Monday, March 2, 2009

Great Weekend!

I had a really great weekend and wanted to share :)

Friday night my sister and her boyfriend came over. We ate pizza, cheesy bread, and cookie sundaes and watched Don't Mess with the Zohan. What a stupid movie. I mean seriously - so stupid it was funny. I will never look at hummus in the same way though! LOL

Saturday morning I got up and went to Gymboree with my little man. We had a fun hour of playing, crawling, climbing, jumping, singing, and dancing. Phew! It was exhausing running after him for an hour! I worked up a sweat LOL But it was a ton of fun :)

After that we went to IKEA. I heart Ikea. Have I mentioned this before? I mean seriously, if I could redo my house using all IKEA stuff, I would. It's cheap and stylish - what more could you ask for? Anyway - Owen and I went there and had some lunch and then walked around the store looking for some shelving units for my family room! After about 2 hours I settled on the item I had originally come there thinking about LOL Doesn't it always happen like that? I explored all my options and went with my 1st thought. Let me just say though, my little man deserves a GOLD MEDAL after that shopping trip!! He was trooper!! He was probably sitting in that little cart for like 2.5 hours and didnt' fuss at all! AND it was during what was suppose to be his nap time! How awesome is that??? He's such a good boy :) :)

I brought him home for a nap after our shopping trip and left him with his daddy so I could continue running errands. I got my oil changed, went to Michaels and found some nice frames for the family pics we had taken months ago, went to Target and loaded up on all that "stuff" you put in the back of your mind of wanting/needing but don't really want to make a seperate to Target for, and stopped by Sams Club. Needless to say, I was EXHAUSTED by the time I got him. I ate dinner, read my book, took a bath, and went to bed. AMAZING!

Sunday, I got up with Owen at like 7, ate waffles, played, and got ready for church. Church was just awesome. I really love this new parish we joined. I wake up on Sunday excited about going and walk away from there feeling energized, excited, loved, and full of joy. This is a completely new feeling for me - I am so used to avoiding church at all costs and walking away confused. But not at The Park! Kerry (our pastor) is just so relatable. He is all for admitting his mistakes and relating them to his weekly message. He's all about making sure we feel connected and plugged in (his key phrase!!) to the church. He makes me want to get involved and get excited about God again! And for that I can't thank him enough!

After church, it was home to lay Owen down for a nap. Andrew laid down too (he hadn't been feeling good all week) and I settled in to the couch to finally watch my DVRd episode of True Blood and read my book. I ended up falling asleep on the couch for an hour. LOVE IT. How awesome are Sunday afternoon naps?? I mean seriously! Owen woke up about 1:30, we ate lunch, played, woke daddy up, and then I ran to the grocery. It was my quickest grocery trip ever! 15 minutes - in out and done. My parents came over about 530-6ish for dinner. We ate hamburger rice casserole, green beans, biscuits, and cherry chip bundt cake for dessert. YUMMMMM. Then my dad and Andrew hung some pictures of me and my new shelves - which look so awesome :) I'm so excited about them! We watched 50 First Dates and Amazing Race and then the rents went home. I relaxed, read my book and went to bed!

What a good weekend :) :)

Love,
E

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a bit of sunshine in your gloomy-as-of-late world, congrats! :) I love and miss your family!

    ReplyDelete